Webster University470 E Lockwood Ave, Webster Groves, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About Webster University
Webster University is a private and independent, non-denominational university, with multiple branches in the U.S. Its primary campus is in Webster Groves, Missouri, near St. Louis, Missouri. Webster University offers programs of study for both undergraduate and graduate studies and non-degree admissions for those who are looking to take individual courses.
This university considers itself a Midwestern school, but has a presence in many international locations. Though the school is primarily based near St. Louis, is has campuses in other U.S locations and abroad, including Austria, Greece, China, Thailand, and the Netherlands. Students can take classes face-to-face, and also online. Their primary focus is to internationalizing curriculum, in every way possible. The school also has a very small student-faculty ratio of 9:1, and almost 90% of the classes have fewer than 20 students. 74% of full-time undergraduates receive some level of financial aid as well, with an average need-based scholarship or grant award of $9,204.
On the St. Louis Campus, there are over 80 student clubs and organizations. The school's mascot is particularly interesting- named the Gorlok. It is a school-created creature, that is part buffalo, part cheetah, and part St. Bernard. this interesting mascot is also the name of Webster Sports teams, who compete in the NCAA Division III St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Academically, Webster University is ranked 23rd in Regional Universities of the Midwest.
- Women and Gender Studies2 Documents
- Media Communications2 Documents
- Public Relations1 Documents
- Advertising1 Documents
- MEDC 1050 - Introduction to Media WritingMedia Communications
- WGST 1020 - Introduction to Women, Gender, and Sexuality StudiesWomen, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- PBRL 1010 - Fundamentals of Strategic Communications and Public RelationsPublic Relations
- ADVT 1940 - Introduction to Marketing CommunicationsAdvertising