NURS1000 Final: Functional health patterns
1 pages27 viewsSpring 2018
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Functional health patterns:
• Health perception: describes how the patient perceives their health and wellbeing
and how they manage their health.
• Nutritional-metabolic pattern: describes the pattern of food and fluid consumption
relative to metabolic need
• Elimination pattern: describes patterns of excretory function (bowel movement,
bladder and skin excretion).
• Activity-exercise pattern: describes pattern of exercise and daily activities
• Sleep-rest pattern: describes patterns of sleep, rest and relaxation
• Cognitive-perceptual pattern: describes patterns of perception and cognition
• Self-perception and self-concept pattern: describes self-concept and perception of
self-worth, self-competency, body image and mood state.
• Role-relationship pattern: describes pattern of role engagements and relationships
• Sexuality-reproductive pattern: describes patterns of reproduction and of
satisfaction/dissatisfaction with sexuality.
• Coping-stress tolerance patterns: describes patterns of coping and effectiveness of
the pattern in terms of stress tolerance
• Value-belief pattern: describes values and beliefs that guide choices and decisions
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.