MKC3140 Study Guide - Final Guide: Experience Curve EffectsPremium
2 pages98 viewsSummer 2018
DepartmentBusiness - Marketing - MKC
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
MKC3140 Strategy Notes
Input-Output Framework for Managing Customer Heterogeneity
• Three key inputs to the framework are required to conduct
segmentation, targeting, and positioning of potential customers
• The second and third inputs are similar, but one focuses on the focal
company and the other involves the company’s competitors
• The inputs to managing customer heterogeneity entail the 3C’s of
• The inputs to managing customer heterogeneity thus entail 3Cs of
situation analysis: Customers, Company, and Competitors.
• Together, they provide the contextual background for the firm’s
• A firm’s marketing strategy is embedded in this background and must
both “fit” and “leverage” customers’ preferences and perceptions,
market trends, and the firm’s relative strengths.
• In turn, the framework generates outputs, which then provide the inputs
for subsequent First Principles
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.