IMED2003 Midterm: Revision 2 NotesPremium
2 pages48 viewsSpring 2018
DepartmentIntegrated Medical Sciences
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
IMED2003: Revision 2 Notes
Clinical Evaluation of Patient/Patient Group
○ A thoughtful assessment incorporating all the pertinent data.
○ For individuals:
■ A comprehensive understanding of pathophysiology and the
thorough history and physical examination are a good starting point
for the process.
STEP 1: ASK
1. Formulate an answerable clinical question
2. CRITICAL: clarify one or two key issues that come up
3. Hence, can develop a focused clinical question.
a. A clinical question needs to be directly relevant to the patient or problem
at hand and phrased in such a way as to facilitate the search for an
● Anatomy of a good clinical question ⇒ PICO
○ Patient, population or problem of interest
○ Intervention (exposure/indicator, diagnostic prognostic factor, treatment)
○ Type of question
○ Type of research design
Types of Questions
● Diagnosis or screening
○ Establishing the power of a test to differentiate between those with and
without the disease or condition of interest
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.