IMED2003 Midterm: Revision 18 NotesPremium
2 pages78 viewsSpring 2018
DepartmentIntegrated Medical Sciences
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
IMED2003: Revision 18 Notes
Data Usage Requirements:
● Researchers’ use of data
● Research involving linkage of data sets
● Duties of the custodian
● Guidelines regarding research using re-identifiable
● Independent oversight of data collections
● Restricted access to data potentially detrimental to participants
● Security and data storage
Australian National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007) - Updated
● The National Statement guidelines made in accordance with the National Health
and Medical Research Council Act 1992.
● It is intended for use by:
○ Any researcher conducting research with human participants
○ Any member of an ethical review body reviewing that research
○ Those involved in research governance
○ Potential research participants.
○ Developed jointly by the NHMRC, the ARC and Universities Australia
● Compliance with the National Statement is a prerequisite for receipt of NHMRC
Use of AI in Medicine:
○ Improve diagnostics
○ Help doctors make better decisions
● Primary aim of health-related AI applications:
○ Is to analyze relationships between prevention or treatment techniques
and patient outcomes.
● Evaluate insurance/medical benefit claims
● Assess medication and usage
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.