PHIL 335 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - Canada, Ethics, Medicine

251 views50 pages

Document Summary

In answering this question, be sure to consider the various definitions of health offered in this unit. In my perspective, health is a multi-dimensional aspect that requires a holistic approach. A holistic view of health will encompass a combination of how an individual feels along with maximizing the dimensions of wellbeing to the best of one"s individual capacity. Based on this perspective, i do consider myself to be a relatively healthy person. The dimensions of wellbeing include, but are not limited to: physical, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental. The concept of dimensions of wellbeing stem from the definition of health provided by the canadian joint. They refer indicators of health and how they are each influenced. All the details of these dimensions add up to the total definition of health . In essence health is according to levins and lopez, it is true both that we are responsible for our own health and that health is socially determined (p 4).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers