LING 3004- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 15 pages long!)

85 views15 pages

Document Summary

Syntax: study of sentence structures: ex. of sentences. [i] [like [her dress]]: parts of sentences, ex. nouns (dog, i, dress), np (her dress, my options, a dog), vp (like her dress, have a dog, thinking about my options) Treeform: hard copy due on date, 5% penalty per day for late. In-class test (28%) in november: final exam (42%, all material in class, but focus on stuff after midterm, allowed 3 pages of notes double sided (6 total) typed is okay. Lectures: chapter materials and problem sets from end of chapters, problem sets go from basic to challenging at end of each. Scientific method: anaphora: anaphora: -self, -selves, a(cid:374)aphores: (cid:449)ords (cid:449)ith thi(cid:374)gs like (cid:858)self(cid:859), ha(cid:448)e to refer to so(cid:373)ethi(cid:374)g i(cid:374) the se(cid:374)te(cid:374)(cid:272)e e(cid:454). himself rules for anaphores, ex. Rules and parameters: cross-linguistic differences, not all languages follow rules in same way, variations of rules, need them to account for differences across languages, ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers