LING 1001 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Solomon Asch, Dukkha, Interpersonal Attraction

67 views7 pages

Document Summary

Duplex mind: conscious emotion: single feeling state vs automatic affect: good and bad feeling of someone. James lange theory (i am trembling therefore i am frightened) The bodily processes of emotion come first and the mind"s perception of these bodily reactions then creates the subjective feeling of emotion. Cannon-bard theory ( i feel afraid because i am tremble) Our physiological reactions are caused by our emotions (es) you are hearing footsteps behind you in the dark alley->increase heart rate (pa)- You are walking in the woods and you notice a grizzly bear ->you are trembling and your heart starts to race-> frightened. Experience racing heart when fearful, angry, or in love. Physiological changes are often too slow to be source of emotion, which erupt very quickly. ) Example you"re walking down a dark alley late at night and hear footsteps. You begin to tremble, your heart beats faster, and your breathing deepens. You notice these physiological changes and then experience fear.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers