Psychology
Course
PSYC 1002
Professor
Caleb Lloyd
Semester
Winter

Description
Psychology – February 28 Personality Tests – type of tests Tests that say more about the person giving the test as opposed to the person taking the test  Rorschach  Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) Tests that categorize humans into a few small boxes  Myers-Briggs Type Indicator & its variations Self-report questionnaires  MMPI  NEO-PI-R & HEXACO-PI Projective tests (Rorschach & TAT)  Idea that the ways we create meaning in a neutral (meaningless) stimulus is highly unique Rorschach  Not concerned with what individuals saw, but how they saw it; space, movement, color were more important than objects  Comprehensive System allows it to be reliable, but no claims of validity are backed by evidence  Regularly taught in APA approved clinical graduate programs, used by licenced psychologists  Depending on the tester, very different results Thematic Apperception Test  You’re given a picture, told to ‘tell the story’ of and behind it, explain what’s going on, etc., then the psychologist breaks that down  Idea that stories told to explain a picture offered deep insights unknown to the individual  Test creators felt individuals shold not be told test results because they “couldn’t handle the truth about themselves” MMPI  504 forced-choice yes/no questions  “are you critical of others” , “do you daydream frequently?” “There is something wrong with my sex organs” , “I would like to belong to a motorcycle club”  Very personal, very random, lots of double negatives, lots of 1950’s lingo Stress, Coping, and Health
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 1002

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit