- Deviant behaviour and how you define it?
- why do people engage in deviant behaviour?
- why do people with certain attributes appear more frequently in data?
∙ social control, targeting certain people (
- agents of social control (police..use of force model, etc)
- why do some people assume deviant ID
∙ how do they reconcile label with own ID
- what is deviant behaviour in terms of the social system itself
∙ does it only apply to people in a negative way?
◦ applies as much to underdog as anyone else(Beethoven)
∙ how it has been defined through the centuries
◦ studying 'demonology'
◦ as a physiological defect?
- statistical definition
- deviance is