SYSC 3303 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - Transmission Control Protocol, Java Virtual Machine, Trivial File Transfer Protocol

113 views64 pages

Document Summary

Nothing terrible happens: hard real-time, shortly after the deadline, utility of completion goes to negative infinity, no point in trying to recover from the missed deadline. Telephone switches, air traffic control systems, banking systems, etc: components, physical components, ex. I/o components, i/o interface chips, etc: software components, ex. Objects, concurrent processes, agents, etc: programming languages, ex. Assembly languages, c, c++, java: operating system, ex. Unix, linux, or no o/s (language specific runtime system) * although (cid:449)e"ll (cid:271)e usi(cid:374)g ja(cid:448)a, it is i(cid:373)po(cid:396)ta(cid:374)t to keep i(cid:374) (cid:373)i(cid:374)d that i(cid:374) the (cid:396)eal-time world, there is no one dominant platform that is the (cid:862)(cid:271)est(cid:863) o(cid:374)e to lea(cid:396)(cid:374) Java for real-time embedded systems: support for concurrent threads is part of, the language specification (synchronized methods and blocks, the class library (primarily object and thread, and the jvm. ), yet appears to have some significant limitations: concurrency active system components modelling concurrent systems.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers