WGST Exam review notes.
Note key words – go over 4 sections of three weeks each.
Sept 13 – Introduction to the concept of the course
- Why is this class important?
- What are some stereotypes about women’s studies?
- Deﬁnitions of gender vs sex
- Societal deﬁnitions of masculine and feminine
Sept 20 - Gender and Biology – Focus in western culture on differences instead
- Sex differences are hard to establish and understand.
- Remember scientists have biases
- Men & women are more similar than different
- Differences between individuals in a sex are greater.
- Differences do not determine how we organize a society.