Department
Commerce
Course Code
COMM 210
Professor
Karim Boulos
Study Guide
Final

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Kaplan and Norton: The Balanced Scorecard
• The “bottom line” is not enough
• The traditional financial performance measures worked well for the industrial era but not
anymore
• A stakeholder is anyone who has invested interest in a company and stockholders are company
owners, employees, etc.
• Four perspectives for a balanced scorecard
Customer perspective
• What matters most to customers? How do customers see us? (Specific measures, includes numbers,
that reflect the factors that really matter to customers) To achieve our vision, how should we
appear to customers?
Internal business perspective
• How can we produce to meet customer expectations? What must we excel at? (Internal
operations that enable them to satisfy customer needs) To satisfy our shareholders and customers,
what business processes must we excel at?
Innovation & learning perspective
• How can we make continual improvements? Can we continue to improve and create value?
(Improve existing products, launch new ones, and create more value for customers.....)To achieve
our vision, how will we sustain our ability to change and improve?
Financial perspective
• How can we ensure profitability for shareholders? How do we look to them? To succeed
financially, how should we appear to our shareholders?
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
find more resources at oneclass.com Kaplan and Norton: The Balanced Scorecard • The “bottom line” is not enough • The traditional financial performance measures worked well for the industrial era but not anymore • A stakeholder is anyone who has invested interest in a company and stockholders are company owners, employees, etc. • Four perspectives for a balanced scorecard – Customer perspective • What matters most to customers? How do customers see us? (Specific measures, includes numbers, that reflect the factors that really matter to customers) To achieve our vision, how should we appear to customers? – Internal business perspective • How can we produce to meet customer expectations? What must we excel at? (Internal operations that enable them to satisfy customer needs) To satisfy our shareholders and customers, what business processes must we excel at? – Innovation & learning perspective • How can we make continual improvements? Can we continue to improve and create value? (Improve existing products, launch new ones, and create more value for customers.....)To achieve our vision, how will we sustain our ability to change and improve? – Financial perspective • How can we ensure profitability for shareholders? How do we look to them? To succeed financially, how should we appear to our shareholders? find more resources at oneclass.com find more resources at oneclass.com Example: ECI 's Balanced Scorecard Perspectives Questions Goals Measurements Percent of sales from new New products. products. How do Responsive supply. On-time delivery as defined by Customer customers see the customer. us? Preferred supplier. Share of key account's purchases. Customer partnership. Number of cooperative engineering efforts. Manufacturing geometry versus Technology capability. the competition. Internal What must we business excel at? Manufacturing excellence. Cycle time, Unit cost and Yield.
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit