[MARK 451] - Midterm Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (15 pages long)

148 views15 pages

Document Summary

Services dominate the economy in most nations. Service sector in canada : 70% // france : 79% Most new jobs are generated by services. Rapid growth of services sector due to: government policies, changes in regulations, privatization, new rules to protect customers, employees and the environment, new agreements on trade in services, social changes, rising consumer expectations, greater affluence, personal outsourcing. International mergers and alliances: (cid:862)offsho(cid:396)i(cid:374)g(cid:863) of (cid:272)usto(cid:373)e(cid:396) se(cid:396)(cid:448)i(cid:272)e, foreign competitors invade domestic markets. Services are economic activities offered by one party to another. Often time based, these activities bring about desired results to recipients, objects, or other assets. In exchange for money, time, and effort, service customers expect value from access to labor, skills, expertise, goods, facilities, networks, and systems. However, they do not normally take ownership of the physical elements involved. Four broad categories of services a process perspective. People processing services di(cid:396)e(cid:272)ted at people"s (cid:271)odies: hairstylist, passenger transportation. Services directed at people"s (cid:373)i(cid:374)d: education, psychotherapy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers