PHIL 235 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - Cancer, Canada, Informed Consent

309 views167 pages

Document Summary

Considers the (cid:498)content(cid:499) of morality by evaluating the justification given your host"s home: applied ethics= study of morality and the problems associated w/ very specific practical contexts like medicine. Ex) if it morally permissible for a physican to kill a patient. As an egoist, i want to promote my interests unimpeded. The more others, including the government, interfere with my interests by telling me what to do, the more harm i experience. However, rules are necessary to create co-operation and resolve conflicts, which cannot occur unless (almost) all individuals follow them. If we all as a society agree that something is permissible then there should be a law that reflects it. Ex) an elementary school education or health care. Positive rights hard to identify who owes the duty or obligation since the duty-holder is not specified. When in italy, act like romans within homogenous culture action guidance is possible but when cultures conflict (heterogeneous culture like.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers