PSYC 325 Study Guide - Comprehensive Midterm Guide: Fundamental Attribution Error, Counterfactual Thinking, Nonverbal Communication

164 views28 pages

Document Summary

Psych 325 chapter 1: introduction to social psychology. Social psychology: definition, the scientific study of the way in which people"s thoughts, feelings, and behaviours are influenced by the real or imagined presence of other people, the scientific study of social influence, goal: a) Identify universal properties of human nature that make everyone susceptible to social influence, regardless of social class or culture. The power of social interpretation: social psychology, concerned with how people are influenced by their interpretation (or construal) of their social environment: i. The belief all of us have that we perceive things as they really are : not usually concerned with the social situation itself. c) Social psychology, science, and common sense: task of a social psychologist, make educated guesses (i. e. hypotheses) and test them with controlled experiments. Social psychology compared with sociology: social psychology vs. sociology, similarities: i. Concerned with the influence of social and societal factors on human behaviour: differences: i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers