CPST 1103 Study Guide - Fall 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - Dalhousie University, Canada, Nova Scotia

81 views20 pages
CPST 1103
MIDTERM EXAM
STUDY GUIDE
Fall 2018
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 20 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Unlock document

Lecture Reflection 1:
Things I Wish I’d Known as a 1st Year Engineering Student
The presentation on Things I Wish I’d Known as a 1st Year Engineering Student was
conducted by Conrad Lelievre.
He is a Dalhousie university engineering graduate
He is currently working for CBCL
The presentation focused on the lessons learned during the presenter’s engineering studies
and work experience
It was interesting to know that the reason for engineering students quitting after first year
of engineering is the drop in their grade point average (GPA) from high school to first year
of engineering
This makes them think that they are incapable of becoming an engineer
I had been also feeling that I might not be capable enough to succeed in my engineering
studies
My grade point average during my engineering first semester is low
It is lower than my grade point average for high school
I realized that it is normal for grade point average to drop from high school to first year
engineering
It is because engineering studies are more complex with a greater work load
I understood that even though I might not have a high-grade point average or not perform
well in a course I should never give up
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

I should continue to work hard and not give up on my engineering studies if I really want
to become an engineer
I learned that it would be hard to socialize during my engineering studies due to the long
hours of studying
There should be a balance between socializing and studying
Therefore, as an engineering student, I should try to socialize with other engineering
students as we have the same work load
Overall, the presentation was very motivating and helpful.
Unlock document

Document Summary

I had been also feeling that i might not be capable enough to succeed in my engineering studies: my grade point average during my engineering first semester is low. It is lower than my grade point average for high school. I realized that it is normal for grade point average to drop from high school to first year engineering. It is because engineering studies are more complex with a greater work load. I understood that even though i might not have a high-grade point average or not perform well in a course i should never give up. I should continue to work hard and not give up on my engineering studies if i really want to become an engineer. Problem solving in the oil and gas industry: the presentation on problem solving in the oil and gas industry was conducted by b.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers