Study Guides (256,265)
CA (124,598)
Humber (47)
NURS (5)
NRS 213 (2)
Study Guide

NRS 213- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 23 pages long!)
Premium

23 Pages

Department
NURS
Course Code
NRS 213
Professor
Danielle With

This preview shows pages 1-4. Sign up to view the full 23 pages of the document.
Page: of

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
[NRS 213] Comprehensive fall guide including any lecture notes, textbook notes and exam guides.find more resources at oneclass.com NURS 2132 Objectives & Required Readings Week 3 Dosage Calculations, Medication Administration, Adverse Drug Reactions 1. Discuss standards of care in the application of the nursing process. To be able to prevent and respond to ADRS. Adverse drug reactions are all types of clinical problems these include medication errors (MEs) and adverse drug reactions (ADRS). Note that not all errors may cause the patient harm. Two major type of ADR are allergic reaction (often predictable) and idiosyncratic reaction (usually unpredictable) Some therapeutic drug medications have similar names, right documentation such as labeling can prevent MEs. Proper documentation helps to organize and increase efficiency in the work place Increases patient safety Proper documentation is need to assess prescription, dispensing and drug administration 2. Explain the importance of documentation in the administration of medications. Dispensing-to select prepare and transfer stock medication for one or more prescribed medication doses to a client or the client representative for administration for at a later time. 3. Discuss factors contributing to medication incidents. Organizational issues - prescribing faults and prescription errors most common, most can be caught by pharmacist before entry or by nurse before administration - administration next most common point of error, followed by dispensing and transcription - Technology that is difficult to use, inadequate education or training, difficulties mastering can increase medication error as well Education system issues and impact on MEs - commonly reported student nurse errors involve; unusual dosing times, medication administration record issues (unavailable, failure to document doses, failure to review), administration of discontinued or held medications, failure to monitor vitals or la results, administration or oral liquids as injections, preparation of medications for multiple patients at same time, dispensing of medications in different doses from those ordered find more resources at oneclass.com
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only pages 1-4 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit