Contract Law review
Long question - write a contract
Case law – Gilbert steel, London drugs, carbolic smoke ball,
1. What is contract?
2. Give an example of a contract.
3. Explain a contract.
a. Mutual meeting of the mind
b. Offer and acceptance
4. Why you need to know contract law?
5. Offers; offeror and offeree
6. Guidelines for types of statements, whether or not a statement is an offer.
7. Different aspects of communication of a an offer. Verbal written
8. Bait and switch? Why is it not legal?
9. When an offer seems to be open for acceptance
a. Lapse of time
d. Counter offer – switching of roles
10.When an offer is accepted the contract exists.
11.Acceptance. What is it ?
a. Four main elements
b. Two forms – promise, bilateral (more common) and unilateral
12.Gratuitous promise – not enforceable
13.Different forms of communication. Words; written or verbal. Silence; if theres a
14.Instantaneous vs. non instantaneous communication
a. No delay (instantaneous)
b. Delay by mail (non instantaneous)
15.All are effective when the offeror receives it except of non-instantaneous
a. Five points with respect
i. Must be mutual
ii. Can be positive or negative
iii. Must move from both sides but not necessarily to each othe