EDEC 248 Study Guide - Final Guide: Visual Learning

53 views2 pages
a) Topic 2: Equity in education means that everyone has the same opportunities at achieving
success. However, it is not the same as equality as you are not suppose to treat each child in
the same way. Each child has different abilities and thus, equity means you cater to each and
every one of their needs. Equality would mean that you would give each of them the same
lectures, assignments and tests. However, if one child is a auditory leaner and another one is
a visual learner we should not be giving them both the same assessment criteria. We should
incorporate different ways to assess students so that they each can flourish in the way that
suits their needs.
b) Multiculturalism relates to the concept of equity as it allows every individual the right to be
different. While we are all different in many ways, those differences should not matter.
People should recognize these differences but should not treat people on a different basis
based on those differences. The word difference in other words means not the same but it
does not mean deficiency. Multiculturalism also means that we are open to learn about
different people and different things. The classroom is ultimately not made up of one group
of people but children from many different countries, religions, cultures and backgrounds.
Thus, a multicultural classroom would be one with the incorporation and inclusion of all
religious beliefs, cultures and traditions.
c) I would use a teaching strategy that enables all the different types of leaners to succeed. In
order to make sure the auditory students have equity in the classroom I would have some
lessons where I show videos and the child is able to learn through listening. For the visual
learners, I would demonstrate ideas, concepts and data with the use of images and
techniques. For kinaesthetic learners, I would have lessons that incorporate physical activity
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Topic 2: equity in education means that everyone has the same opportunities at achieving success. However, it is not the same as equality as you are not suppose to treat each child in the same way. Each child has different abilities and thus, equity means you cater to each and every one of their needs. Equality would mean that you would give each of them the same lectures, assignments and tests. However, if one child is a auditory leaner and another one is a visual learner we should not be giving them both the same assessment criteria. We should incorporate different ways to assess students so that they each can flourish in the way that suits their needs: multiculturalism relates to the concept of equity as it allows every individual the right to be different. While we are all different in many ways, those differences should not matter.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers