GEOG 420 Study Guide - Winter 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - Memory, Trans Woman, World War I

52 views80 pages

Document Summary

In-class reading of viviane namaste, reflections on pronouns, activists, and funerals . Supposedly used for inclusion but may in fact further alienate or marginalse. May work to reinforces a specific form of trans/non-gender conforming reality. Devalues those trans men and women who are invested in conforming to the gender binary. Resisting the overgeneralising umbrella term trans people when referring to trans women. Trans people overlooks and dismisses the specificity of trans women"s positions and intersectional identities. The world is not safe for women who are trans. The complications and violence when navigating the world is part of trans women"s identities and embodied realities. Demonstrates what is denied for/by the living. Ethnographic refusal and colonialism + resistance to move beyond what is acknowledged. These headers were not in the powerpoint or said aloud, i decide on these divisions myself, so they may be sort of subjective in the way that i group content.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers