Management Core
Course
MGCR 293
Professor
Kamal Salmasi
Semester
Fall

Description
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS STUDY GUIDECHAPTER 1Microeconomics decision making undertaken by individualshouseholds and by firms Individuals marketsWages Prices PollutionMacroeconomics behavior of the economy as a whole Inflation TaxesUnemploymentPositive Economics purely descriptive statements or scientific predictionsNormative Economics analysis involving judgementsManagerial Economics application of economic theory and tools of analysis of decisionsmaking science to analyze how a business a notforprofit or governmental entity can utilize its limited resourcesPrescriptive not descriptive microTheory of the Firm indicates how a firm behaves and what its goals are Used to assume that the main objective of a company is to maximize its profits Now assumes main objective to be to maximize its wealthManagerial Objective make choices that increase the value of the firm present value of future profitsPresent Value of Expected Future Profits Total Revenue year tTotal Cost year tInterest rateManagerial Choices Influence TR by managing demand Influence TC by managing production Influence relevant i by managing finances and riskManagerial Constraints Available technologiesResource scarcityLegal or contractual limitationsProfitAccounting Profit Historical costs Legal and reporting requirementsEconomic Profit Market Value Opportunity implicit cost More useful measure for managerial decision making
More Less

Related notes for MGCR 293

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit