MUAR 392- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 33 pages long!)

192 views33 pages

Document Summary

In the playboy interview, what does bowie have to say about the nature of his true identity: i am my own medium. (notion of the self as artwork, i honestly don"t know where the real david jones is. It"s like playing the shell game. : nothing matters except whatever it is i"m doing at the moment. The dialectic of disco: ***exam: in his village voice article, how does andrew kopkind portray the relationship between disco and rock cultures, rock=authenticity, emphasis on bearing the soul , whereas disco geared towards artificiality. This morphed into the embrace of artificiality in the 70s via glam rock and disco culture. Fun, fantasy, fashion, gossip, sleek, smith, stylish, rough, romantic evasiveness. Derived directly from soul and funk, often retained gospel- oriented vocals and syncopated guitar and bass parts. Centered around the work of studio producers, features. Simple, chanted vocals, less- syncopated bass parts, and thicker arrangements filled with.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers