NUR1 219 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Bed Rest, Therapeutic Relationship, Water–Electrolyte Imbalance

82 views5 pages
17 May 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I had been working the day shift on the medicine unit for a couple of days. One of my patient, 64-year-old male, was admitted for unknown etiology of dizziness & loss of consciousness. He had a clean past medical history & was not known for any severe illness or diseases. As the days went by, his condition worsened. He was soon unable to get up and walk or roll over in bed due to dizziness. He started getting nausea, therefore his appetite decreases significantly. Several tests where done yet, the medical team could not pin point a specific cause or diagnosis. A gastro-duodenum tube was inserted to feed him, antithrobo-embolic stockings where placed to prevent blood clots. Bed rest was almost obligatory due to his condition & lastly iv fluid resuscitation was started to compensate for his electrolyte imbalance related to vomiting. He developed constipation, edema & several others complications. On the 5th day, i started morning rounds.