NUR1 428- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 127 pages long!)

31 views127 pages

Document Summary

Course description: this course examines how cognitive, behaviorist, and social learning theories may be used to enhance individual and family health behaviors, coping and development (i) some terms & definitions: Individuals also learn from independent information-seeki(cid:374)g, i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)ti(cid:374)g (cid:449)ith others, through trial a(cid:374)d error . Teacher-centered - individuals passively receive the information; teacher-student power differential. Learner-centered - individuals are actively involved; learning environment empowers learners. Knowledge is transmitted from teacher to the individual (adding new knowledge) Individuals construct knowledge through gathering and synthesizing information and integrating it connecting new knowledge to past experience. Individualistic approach agenda and desired outcomes set by the teacher. Approach is collaborative and supportive agenda and outcomes discussed between the learner and facilitator. Emphasis is on subject matter concepts first, application later. Emphasis is on using and communicating knowledge effectively to address needs. Tea(cid:272)her(cid:859)s role is to (cid:271)e pri(cid:373)ar(cid:455) i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) giver and primary evaluator.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers