1. A person intends to call the number 514-394-1965. But they end up calling 514-394-61965. Note that the
number (i.e., 6) is duplicated. What kind of error has been committed?
a. Mode error
b. Description error
c. Anticipatory error
d. Capture error
2. “An action that is rewarded is more likely to occur in the future, whereas an action that is punished is less
likely to reoccur”. What is this theory called? And damage to which brain area would cause the most
impairment in this?
a. Theory of mind/Right somatosensory cortex
b. Validity effect/amygdala
c. Psychic blindness/amygdala
d. Law of effect/ventromedial prefrontal cortex
3. Individuals diagnosed with William’s Syndrome are hypersocial, and overly trusting of other people. Which
of the following would cause a similar pattern of symptoms?
a. Damage to the right somatosensory cortex
b. Damage to the right amygdala
c. Bilateral damage to the amygdala
d. Bilateral damage to the right somatosensory cortex
4. Some researchers have hypothesized that children with autism have not learned to associate a parent’s
eye gaze/head turn with a reward in that location. Which old theorist would agree with this? And what is
the theory they would support?
5. The Filter Model (one of the Information-processing models) states that a ton of information comes
through our senses. Based on certain characteristics, we filter out most of this information and only retain
what is important. Which of the following would correspond to the “filtering” stage of this model?
a. Foraging for information
b. Creating an information diet
c. Following information scents
d. None of the above 6. Which of the following best describes working memory?
7. Which of the following cognitive neuroscience techniques are matched with the correct pro and con (more
than one answer may be correct)?
a. fMRI: PRO good spatial resolution, CON correlational
b. PET: PRO inexpensive to run, CON temporal resolution is poor
c. EEG: PRO excellent temporal resolution, CON poor spatial resolution
d. TMS: PRO non-invasive, CON no good controls for this technique
e. Lesion studies: PRO can link brain structure to function, CON can only be looked at in animals
8. You are the owner of a posh new club that features a VIP section for people 25 and over. You are
circulating in order to ensure people are having a good time, and happen to come across some suspiciously
young looking people mingling with other patrons in the VIP section. Which of the following best descr