SOCI 222 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Ethnography, Herbert J. Gans, Gentrification

176 views11 pages
4 Nov 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Key ideas, but may not be everything on the exam! Pre-industrial cities: prior to industrialization cities were rare, served as important centers of politics and administration (i. e. Kings, court: important economic and social centers (i. e. Religious destination, trade, crafts: ultimately, large cities emerged as the capitals of centralized. Branding: traditional public order, visible social status (i. e. Defining the urban no right or wrong: population size, population density, material form, administratively/legally, function, social psychology. Split between objective and subjective culture: 4. Objectives and subjective culture (simmel: objective culture the entirety of everything mankind knows, subjective culture the part of that simply in your head. When we are walking to and from places and not paying attention to the world around us. Chicago and its connection to urban sociology: chicago school of urban sociology emerged in the 1920s at the. Robert park: former journalist, secretary under booker t. washington, two innovations, 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers