Pre exam review Final exam December 10 , 2012 9:0011:00
• Don’t get too worried about key presses.
• More about concepts, terminology and relationships between ideas etc.
• How, what, and where for the information.
• Know the Syntax. Ifs contain condition and the true part.
• 1.1 1.2 5.1 5.2 5.3 7.1 7.2 7.3 10.1 10.2
• Tutorial 1- 1.1 define the terms field, record, table, relational database, primary key,
• Identify the components of the Microsoft access window and backstage view
• Create and save a table in datasheet view
• Enter field names and records in a table datasheet
• Open a table using the navigation pane- collect and lets you see the various objects
in the data base (queries, reports, forms etc.)
• 2.2- open an access data base
• Navigate a table datasheet, manipulate records
• Create query, simple form, and simple report
• QBE- query by example
• Define a relationship between two tables
• Enforce integrity constraints- foreign key can’t be used unless primary key value
exists • Use import feature to create and populate tables of data
• Major constraint on primary key- uniqueness
• View/modify field data types, formatting
• Modify field properties in design view
• Specify primary key
• Define relationship
• Tutorial 3- use the QBE design grid, in design view, to create run and save a multi
• Specify selection criteria
• Use logical comparison operators
• Aggregate functions, max min count etc.
• Create and format a calculate filed- making use in most cases an existing field or
two, manipulating in a math expression. – use data to do a what if scenario
• Learn about the navigation pane
• working with document elements
• Page design, text blocks, run arounds
• Style, emphasis, depth
• Manipulation of eye motion, dynamic thirds • Layout gird and development
• Graphic placement- stingers grabbers etc
• Typeface font
• Colour, wheel and schemes- direct complimentary, one color, two colors
• Working with graphic elements