FORENSIC HARD QUESTIONS
3. In describing the items on the MMPI (and MMPI-2) we noted that:
(1 point) Select your answer:
• 1. each item is scored on only one clinical scale, or one validity
scale. 10 clinical scales, 3 validity scales.
• 2. each item is rated on a 5-point scale depending on how well it
describes the individual taking the test. YES, NO, CAN’T SAY
• 3. each version of the test contains more than 500 items. 567
• 4. each item is scored as +1 on the scale if the item rating is above
the midpoint of the rating scale, and -1 if it is below the midpoint.
Given a + if answer is the same as the clinical group
5. more than one of the above
2. There are several methods (e.g., PPP, NPP) of calculating accuracy
when we judge the presence or absence of some characteristic X in
the population.As we saw, the main problem with these methods is
that: (1 point) Select your answer: