Fox 1 Tutorial (LAST)
Monday December 2, 2013
• 55 M/C
• No long answer
Julie’s email: [email protected]
• 3 Chapters
• 1) What is welfare to work?
o Specific program implemented by the government
o Get people off social assistance by training and getting into the
o How does it alleviate poverty?
o Working but still not making enough money to get out of poverty
• 2) What is relative poverty?
o Level of poverty you experience in relation to others in a nation
o Different from absolute poverty
• 3) Are most poor people in the U.S white?
o YES (numerically speaking)
o But, radicalized groups are at a higher risk of being poor and
o 4) What % of people classified as poor are children?
o 20% (of the poor are children)
• 5) o They pay more on healthcare
o Emergency and treatment costs more than preventative measures
True or False
6) Black child in the U.S has less of a chance of seeing their first
birthday than in Albania and Botswana: TRUE
7) Demographically speaking, is the face of poverty getting
younger or older? Younger
8) Homelessness is the direct result of personal crisis or changes
in relationships: False
9) Does Canada or the U.S have more children living under the
poverty line? U.S
10) What country is the lowest % of children living below the
poverty line? Denmark: Use funds for community and social programs