BIOL 369 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Genetic Hitchhiking, Asperger Syndrome, Sperm Competition

211 views11 pages

Document Summary

Green highlighted questions are those that need answering. [hint: there were three principles discussed; answer can be very brief. ] (2pt) Brown et al. say that males do have higher variance in the number of offspring produced (but variability is determined by mating system in the culture) In the australian bronze cuckoos, parasite chicks closely mimic host chicks, contrary to theory that mimicry should end at the egg stage. Under the trivers-willard hypothesis, if a clever doe deer finds a way to steal rich cattle feed while food is generally lean, she is best off to bear daughters in spring. In spring is kind of throwing me off here. I"m assuming that the doe will have indefinite access to the feeder, including when the breeding season begins. I think in spring is referring to the fact that resources will again be plentiful: (0. 5pt) true / false. Breast milk contains substances that make babies go to sleep.