CLST 201 Study Guide - Final Guide: Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Dilbert, Nonviolence

63 views5 pages

Document Summary

As the leader of the elbonian liberation movement, it would be my obligation to my supporters and my ethnic group to ensure that the elbonian government accept terms of political independence no matter the consequences or moral ambiguity. Despite the fact that the government is currently in armed conflicts with two other liberation groups, the mle and lme, its resources still far exceed those of the elm. The elbonian government agreeing to political independence and surrendering its power over my ethnic group would require it to be seriously threatened by my organization. The government, being better armed and resourced, means that outright war would not be wise and therefore more extreme methods of drawing attention and fear may need to be employed to achieve the desired result. In such a case as this, suicide terror might be the most effective option. The purpose of a suicide attack would be to create a psychological disruption in the general public (bloom 2007).