LLCU 244 Study Guide - Fall 2019, Comprehensive Final Exam Notes - Music Of Latin America, Percussion Instrument, Spanish Language

135 views24 pages

Document Summary

I like it like that by pete rodriguez original version: boogaloo. There is protocol to follow for performers and audience but it is very loose. i. e. you can clap or scream whenever you want. Folk is for fun, not money: art music: ex. classical music. It is considered elite and is played in specific venues and events which only the elite can access. It is generally read and written and composed. Instruments include violin, violas, cellos, flutes, pianos, etc. classical orchestra instruments. Ritual is very elitist with rules for musicians and audience. There is protocol to respect when playing and listening to the music. i. e. you have to wait till the end of the whole show to clap. Art music is temporarily and culturally contingent: popular music: popular music equals money, because record deals = money = success. Appropriating music as a product and just packing and selling the music for the mass public to dance/sing/cry to.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers