Nursing (14)
NURS 101 (7)

NURS 101 Quiz: Interview 3

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Queen's University
NURS 101
Cheryl Pulling

Interview #1: Role: Peer Observer For the first interview, I was observing Lipu behind the one way mirror. I was not chosen as the non-verbal observer, so I was able to listen in during the interview. This was Lipu’s first interview. At first, judging from her body language and voice, it was clear that she was nervous. However, as the interview went on, she got more comfortable and was engaged in the conversation with the patient. Lipu was able to introduce herself and explained to the patient that everything that they talk about during the interview will be kept confidential. During the interview, I noticed that Lipu did a good job of maintaining eye contact while nodding and actively listened to the patient. On the other hand, on some occasions, I feel that the focus of the interview was shifted away from the patient to the interviewer. I noticed that Lipu was disclosing a little too much information about herself and her own experience. I would suggest that Lipu can direct the questions back to the patient which will allow the patient to answer and talk more about the patient’s health concerns. Furthermore, I also found that there were little to no transitions used between the questions, and often, the flow of the conversation would be abruptly interrupted with unrelated questions. Lastly, Lipu should be aware of the time limit of the interview and make sure to leave herself enough time to summarize and allow the patient to ask some questions that they might have. At the end of the interview, the patient told the facilitator, Brandon, that she actually had trouble understanding Lipu and had to ask her to repeat multiple times due to her hearing impairment. I would suggest that for the older patients, Lipu could speak slower and louder so the patients can understand clearly what is being asked. Overall, I feel that there are definitely room for improvement but since this is Lipu’s first interview, her performance was expected
More Less

Related notes for NURS 101

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.