[POLS 396] - Final Exam Guide - Ultimate 22 pages long Study Guide!

118 views22 pages
29 Nov 2016
Course

Document Summary

International political economy is the field of study preoccupied with the interaction between economics and international relations, particularly the influence of political processes, institutions and actors on economic activities beyond a specific nation-state and vice versa. Both international" and global" often used synonymously but could have different origins and implications. As a substantive field, it dates back to 1971. Founded by susan strange via the international political economy group, a research group of the british. International studies association (founded in 1959) subsequently inaugurated its ipe section. Two schools exist: a british school" (dominated by americans and canadians) and american school" or the. Mainstream political science, economics, and behaviorist traditions. Focus on meta-theory instead of systematic data collection or systematic theory. Theoretical perspectives: e. g. rational choice, game theory, institutionalism. Focus more on structure (i. e. patterned arrangements/processes) than agency (i. e. Focus more on structure (i. e. patterned arrangements/processes) than agency (i. e. independence/free will of actors)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers