PSYC 100 Study Guide - Final Guide: Autobiographical Memory, Imaginary Audience, Jean Piaget

55 views5 pages
salmonllama211 and 39398 others unlocked
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
65 documents

Document Summary

To interact with people, you have to realize that they are other people and they have different interests, desires, and knowledge than you. Used to test the presence of self within children and animals: place a red dot on their foreheads, and place them in front of a mirror. If they are developed, they will notice the red dot on their foreheads and make the connection that it is them in the mirror. Children at age 2 can refer to themselves verbally, by name or pronoun. Children at 3 or 4 can also describe their personal characteristics (i have brown hair, i like to (cid:396)u(cid:374), i ha(cid:448)e a siste(cid:396), i"(cid:373) happ(cid:455)) At this point, the self-descriptions are overwhelmingly positive. At this stage children use knowledge about themselves to modify and evaluate their behavior. They start to make social comparisons between themselves and other children. Their self-concept becomes more nuanced and they have better autobiographical memory.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers