SOCY 352 Study Guide - Final Guide: Canadian Human Rights Act, Economic Mobility, Gender Role

85 views8 pages

Document Summary

Elevation to visibility of women"s non market activies i. e housework, child care, care for the elderly. No pejorative focus on women"s domestic or kin centered networks. Maintaining ties between generations/families i. e role of females in the holidays females do all the planning, organizing etc: it is work costs money buying presents, getting on a plane etc. The conception, maintenance, and ritual celebration of cross household kin ties, the organization of holiday gatherings, the creation of ties and intensies, the mental work of consideration. Between collective and individual evaluations of work. Work values (social) the more money you make, the more importance you have. Work orientations (individual) subjective i. e some people value economic income over the value of intrinsic rewards. The debate: introduced into the house of commons in 2011 passed in. Work stress as a result of the mismatch between: 1) high efort (demands, pressures, responsibilities, 2) low occupational rewards (salary, support, treatment)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers