Department
Business
Course Code
BUS 100
Professor
David Schlanger
Study Guide
Quiz

This preview shows pages 1-3. to view the full 13 pages of the document.
Textbook Assignment Part 1
Name: Aaina Jaiswal
Course: BUS100-301
Student Number: 500508476
Date: Monday, October 15th 2012

Only pages 1-3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Chapter 1- What's stopping you from getting started on your schoolwork? (pg. 59)
To begin with, I would like to discuss how this article resonates with my personality. The article
talks about some of the common reasons as to why people usually procrastinate and from what I
have read, I think one of the reasons that truly relate to my personality is one procrastinates
because one thinks they would have a hard time with the task that is required to be done. It can
simply be because they think they don't posses certain skills or are introduced with a challenging
new topic. Whenever I was required to finish an assignment or study for an upcoming test, I
would usually clean up my room before starting to get on my task, delaying a more important
and challenging work for later on. This didn't just create problems in finishing up my work but it
also led to greater problems like working late night and sacrificing my sleep, causing even more
harm than good. As a result of reading this article, I intend to promise myself that I would ignore
procrastinating because it can lead to many problems such as low grades, poor health, higher
rates of course drop out and makes you feel negative in general. In order to achieve this goal I
would try my best to do my readings daily so that it doesn't create problems when I have an
assignment due instead. I would try to do my assignments as soon as they are assigned and not
wait until the deadline. I think it is important for me to bring this change in my life because it
will help me to be a better and successful person in life. It is very important to bring this change
right now instead of a few years from now because it is easier to get rid of some of the habits like
procrastination when you are not old enough because later on you get used to of your own habits
which becomes hard to get rid of. I would make short-term goals to make sure I am utilizing my
time wisely and finishing up my work at the same time. If I succeed in doing so, I would be able
to achieve good grades and this later on will reward me with a good and a high paying job.

Only pages 1-3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Chapter 1- Master Student Profile (pg. 68)
This article talks about a very successful person, Terry Beech. Because of his strong
determination, he achieved whatever he ever dreamt of. Talking about how this article resonates
with me, I strongly think it has nothing in common with my personality because I don't make use
of the opportunities that are right in front of me. According to the article when Beech heard
about an 18-year old who became mayor in New York state, he thought he had a better chance to
earn one of the 8 seats. This sets a good example of a person who is fully determined and never
loses hope. He gave outstanding speeches with a lot of knowledge and courage about the issues
in the community that kept everyone astonished and surprised. As a result of reading this article,
I intend to prepare myself before the day of the lecture by reading the lecture slides a day before.
As Beech suggested for any new candidate to know the issues of the society well before the
election, similarly, one should always read through their lecture notes before attending the
lecture. To remember this, I would make sure I have got all my lecture notes printed out before
hand so that I can easily go through them. It is not so hard to follow this approach because to
achieve something great one should always be determined whether it involves taking notes, or
just something small as printing out notes beforehand. It is very important for me to know the
material that the professor will be talking about a day before the lecture so that I can easily grasp
the information and the knowledge that will be useful in the future.
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version