CRM 308 Exam Summary
1) The Functions of a criminal court
-What are the primary functions of a criminal court?
-How does the structure of the criminal trial facilitate or impede the
realization of these goals?
-What changes have been made to improve the performance of courts
relative to these core functions?
2) Discretion and the Rule of Law
- What is discretion, who has it, and why is it valuable?
- What is the rule of law, and how does this limit discretion?
- How do courts use law to constrain police and prosecutorial discretion?
- Have they done enough?
- Have they done too much?