CRM 200- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 31 pages long!)

189 views31 pages

Document Summary

Most crimes are of an interpersonal nature. Most crimes happen in the home: between people who know each other. Interpret the constitution and create law through the decisions that they make. International law i. e. the un will enact laws to resolve issues that affect countries on an international level (terrorism: judges frequently consider international law in their decisions. Actus reus: the guilty act: the actual act that is prohibited in law. Mens rea: the guilty mind: the (cid:862)fault(cid:863) element, what (cid:449)as i(cid:374) the perso(cid:374)"s (cid:373)i(cid:374)d (cid:449)he(cid:374) the act (cid:449)as co(cid:373)(cid:373)itted. Conspiracy: the outcome of the crime may not occur, the planning and premeditation of that offence. Counselling: trying to convince someone else to commit a crime. Accessory after the fact: helping someone in the aftermath of the crime, escape, evade capture, etc. Section 21: participation: often the case where multiple people are involved, allows for different parties to be charged with the same crime.