Chapter 2 Quiz
Genes, Chromosomes, Cells and Tissue: Their Structures and Function in Health and
**ANSWERS IN BOLD**
1. An organic system is composed of a group of organs organized to perform
2. A haplotype is a set of HLA gene on one chromosome.
3. The daughter cells that are discarded during the oogenesis are called polar
4. Mitochondria, ER, Golgi apparatus, lysosome, and centrioles are all examples
5. A dominant gene expresses itself in either the homozygous or heterozygous
6. An injured cell my commonly show which of the following changes? All of
the above-options unable to be shown
7. Each gene occupies a specific site on the chromosome, called a(n) locus.
8. Diabetes is an example of a metabolic disease.
9. A dominant gene expresses itself in either the heterozygous or the
10. Genes carried on sex chromosomes are called sex-linked genes.