ENH 220 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Atherosclerosis, Ventricular Fibrillation, Heart Valve
Course CodeENH 220
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Chapter 10 Quiz
The Cardiovascular System
**ANSWERS IN BOLD**
1. Which of the following is not a major cause of death after myocardial
2. Why do cardiac enzymes rise after an acute myocardial infarction? Cardiac
enzymes leak from the damaged muscle fibers into the bloodstream.
3. Modest alcohol intake appears to raise HDL (high density lipoprotein) and
helps protect against coronary arteriosclerosis. True
4. The term acute coronary syndrome refers to which of the following:
A,B,Cunable to show options
5. A bicuspid aortic value may eventually became thickened and calcified, which
reduces the flexibility of the value and may impair normal opening and
closing of the value during ventricular contraction and relocation. True
6. Angina pectoris is usually a manifestation of which of the following?
Atherosclerosis of coronary arteries
7. What is one of the most important complications of mitral valve scarring due
to rheumatic fever? Infective (bacteria) endocarditis
8. Which of the following statements related to the congestive failure is
INCOREECT? It leads to excretion of excessive amounts of salt and water
by the kidneys.
9. Which of the following is in combatable with life? Ventricular fibrillation
10. Which of the following statements related to infective endocarditis (bacterial
endocarditis) is INCORRECT? Microorganisms never implant on a normal
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version