Chapter 12 Quiz
Answers in bold.
1. A young man sustained a severe chest injury with multiple rib fractures in a
snowmobile accident. What is an important and relatively common
complication of this type of injury? Pneumothorax secondary to laceration
of the lung by broken ends of the fractured ribs.
2. Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs.
3. The functional unit of the lung is called a(an) respiratory unit.
4. Atelectasis literally means incomplete expansion of the lung.
5. The largest conducting tubes in the lungs are called bronchi.
6. Oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged betwee