1) The best employers share all of the following characteristics except: They excel at exploiting
the natural environment.
2) High performing companies are successful because they are better than their competitors at
gaining extraordinary results from the people working for them.
3) The study of Management should enable an individual to learn as much as possible to
prepare for a career-long commitment to getting great things accomplished by working with
and valuing people.
4) All of the following concepts accurately describe the redefinition of careers in the new
economy EXCEPT Guaranteed long-term employment.
5) Intellectual Capital is the collective brainpower or shared knowledge of a workforce that can
be used to create value.
6) Globalization is the worldwide interdependence of resource flows, product markets, and
business competition that characterizes the new economy.
7) Ethics is a code of moral principles that sets standards of what is "good" or "right" as
opposed to being "bad" or "wrong".
8) In the 21st century, organizations and their members will encounter all of the following
EXCEPT: The expectation that stockholders' interests should be the primary consideration
when organizations make decisions affecting the environment. ( Note: if it was STAKEholders,
then this would not be an exception)
9) Someone whose mind is a critical asset to employers and who adds value to the intellectual
capital of an