World War 1 Crossword.docx

2 Pages

Department
History
Course Code
HST 702
Professor
Nathan Smith

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
World War 1 Crossword
July 28, 1914 November 11 1918
Background Causes:
Alliance System
Europe divided into two. One member is in conflict, so are the rest of the allies.
Triple Entente: Britain, France, Russia.
Triple Alliance: Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary
Militarism
Britain had the largest navy in the world, and Germany challenged this. Arms
race.
Economic Rivalry
Countries competed for materials, resources & markets for their booming
industries, usually by conquering other territories.
Nationalism
People in Europe were very nationalistic and thought their way of life was
superior to all others, so much they were willing to go to war to prove it.
Imperialism
The policy of acquiring colonies and building an empire. It is a desire for territory
between countries.
Battle of Ypres, Belgium
February 1915 May 1915
Chlorine gas
Battle of Somme
July November 1916
Designed as the “big push” that would destroy German lines.
Known as Das Blutbad (the bloodbath)
Too many casualties, approx 620 000 Allied deaths and 666 000 German deaths.
Battle of Vimy Ridge
April 1917
Very well-thought and planned by Canadians, preparation of digging trenches
into no-man’s land.
Demonstrated strategy and intelligence of Canadians
All 4 Canadian corps fought together for the first time.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
World War 1 Crossword  July 28, 1914 – November 11 1918 Background Causes:  Alliance System Europe divided into two. One member is in conflict, so are the rest of the allies. Triple Entente: Britain, France, Russia. Triple Alliance: Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary  Militarism Britain had the largest navy in the world, and Germany challenged this. Arms race.  Economic Rivalry Countries competed for materials, resources & markets for their booming industries, usually by conquering other territories.  Nationalism People in Europe were very nationalistic and thought their way of life was superior to all others, so much they were willing to go to war to prove it.  Imperialism The policy of acquiring colonies and building an empire. It is a desire for territory between countries.  Battle of Ypres, Belgium February 1915 – May 1915 Chlorine gas  Battle of Somme July – November 1916 Designed as the “big push” that would destroy German lines. Known as Das Blutbad (the bloodbath) Too many casualties, approx 620 000 Allied deaths and 666 000 German deaths.  Battle of Vimy Ridge April 1917 Very well-thought and planned by Canadians, preparation of digging trenches into no-man’s land. Demonstrated strategy and intelligence of Canadians All 4 Canadian corps fought together for the first time.  Germany would never attack it again, France Sc
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit