MID-TERM TEST - WINTER 2011
PART A (10 MARKS + 1 bonus mark potentially) However, it is recommended that you
answer up to 10 of the 11 questions, due to the 1/4 mark guessing adjustment factor.
1. Home meal replacement product offerings is a growing social/cultural trend
2. An example of a biased “default sample” is what is called a mall intercept, which is
interviewing shoppers while shopping in a mall.
3. The purpose of undertaking an Environmental Analysis is to determine strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities and threats.
4. In determining the frequency of visitation, will the following question provide valid results?
How often do you visit/frequent this restaurant/hotel etc? T F
_____ several/few times per week
_____ two/three times per month
_____ less than once per month
PART B - Multiple Choice (Answer All Questions) - 20 MARKS + 2 Bonus Marks
51. Which city in North America hiked its hotel tax to over 21.25% for rooms priced over $100
and then subsequently lowered the rate due to adverse consequences.
(b) New York City
(c) Los Angeles
(e) San Francisco
52. In reference to self- administered surveys, which one of the following criteria should be of
the greatest concern to a researcher undertaking consumer research.
(a) control over interviewer effects