MHR 523 Study Guide - Final Guide: Human Resource Management, Learning Organization, Job Performance

95 views19 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 7 (orientation, training and development and career planning) Other organizations have recognition systems in place, which reinforce and reward employees for demonstrating valued organizational norms. Evaluating the effectiveness of orientation programs: results show that employees who attend orientation are more socialized on 3/6 socialization measures than other employees. A few ways to evaluate the effectiveness of orientation programs are: Effects of socialization on job attitudes and roles. Degree to which the program is economical. Training is an investment in human capital, it is the most important asset a company has and an esse(cid:374)tial pa(cid:396)t of a (cid:272)o(cid:373)pa(cid:374)(cid:455)"s st(cid:396)ateg(cid:455). Ne(cid:449) (cid:396)e(cid:395)ui(cid:396)e(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts fo(cid:396) su(cid:396)(cid:448)i(cid:448)al i(cid:374) the (cid:373)a(cid:396)ket i(cid:374)(cid:272)lude: Competing globally against companies from countries with low wage levels has forced canadian companies to reduce the number of employees. Multiskilled employees prefer to be paid according to their competencies, not jobs. Training objectives: evaluation of training needs results in training objectives, objectives state: desired behaviour, condition& performance criteria.