Chapter 7 orientation/ training/ development
1. What/why/who and how?
2. How do we evaluate effectiveness?
3. What are the challenges?
Chapter 8 Performance Management
1. Why do it?
2. Who does it?
3. Uses of performance appraisal information
4. Criteria for effective goals/objectives
5. Method: advantages & disadvantages
6. Rater’s errors and how to avoid them
7. Elements/characteristics of an effective performance appraisal system
Chapter 9 Total Rewards & P4P
1. What are total rewards?
2. Job evaluation methods
3. Compensable factors, grades and ranges
4. What is Pay equity
5. What is P4P? Why P4P?
6. Long term/ short term; Group/ individual advantages and disadvantages
7. Advantages and disadvantages of pay secrecy
8. Three factors that lead to better performance
Chapter 10 Benefits
1. Strategic role of benefits: societal, organizational and employee objectives
2. Government-legislated (federal/provincial); who pays?
3. ER-sponsored benefits
4. Cost containment –healthcare costs
5. Pension plan – defined benefit versus defined contribution
6. Flex benefits plan – what is it, advantages & disadvantages Chapter 11 Managing employee re