Steps to follow for new Erwin model
Steps to follow to create a new Erwin Logical model
Launch Erwin Data Modeler and under File menu select New and then Logical.
1. To select the correct notation from the menu : Model/Model
Properties/General/ select Information Engineering option
2. Find the following icons on the top left -- Entity
( Rectangle),Identifying Relationship (Solid Line) and Non-Identifying
Relationship (Broken Line)
3. To add an entity, click on the entity icon and drop on the model
4. To enter entity name, primary key and attributes use tab and enter keys.
4a Do not add attributes with (FK) designation. The software adds
them automatically when a relationship is defined
4b. Attributes may be dragged and dropped and the short cut (right
click) menu used for addtional editing
5. To add a relationship, click on the appropriate relationship icon and drag