Chapter 3- lab quiz.docx- itm

2 Pages

Department
Information Technology Management
Course Code
ITM 102
Professor
Catherine Middleton

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Chapter 3- Create Forms
Access has several tools for creating forms.
The Form Wizard is used to select multiple tables and specific field for your form.
The first screen of the Form Wizard is used to select the fields that you want your form to display.
You can use the Form Wizard to pick different layouts for your form.
A layout determines how data and labels are arranged in a form or report.
The Columnar layout places labels in the first column and data in the second column.
The title that you type in the last screen of the Form Wizard becomes the name of the form in the Navigation Pane
and the theme last used in the database is applied.
Layout view is used to format a form or report while viewing a sample of the data.
In Layout view, you can select individual labels and text boxes.
A label is an object on a form or report that describes other objects on the report or form.
A text box is an object on a form or report that displays the data from a field in a table or query.
Recall that forms are designed to input data into tables.
You do not need to use the mouse as you key data into forms, and the changes are stored automatically in the
underlying table.
Recall that you can move to the next text box in a form by pressing enter or tab.
In this way, you can continue typing values without having to use the mouse.
Keeping your hands over the keyboard speeds data entry and increases accuracy.
As you enter data in a form, it is stored automatically in the table that the form is based on.
The Blank Form tool is used when you want to build a form by adding fields one at a time or arrange them in a
different layout.
When you add a field to the form, the other tables move to the lower sections of the Field List pane.
The ScreenTip should display Paper used by Database----the theme applied to the previous form.
Form and report layouts use control grids---cells arranged in rows and columns into which controls are placed.
Control grids work much like tables. You can arrange several fields in a single row and merge multiple cells across
rows and columns.
An Input mask is a set of special characters that control what can and cannot be entered in a field.
The Try It box displays a sample of the input mask in which you can try entering sample data.
Placeholder characters are the symbols in an input mask that are replaced as you type data into the field.
The Phone Number input mask has one option that stores parentheses, space, and hyphen in the table; the other
option stores only the digits in the phone number.
In the Property Sheet Input Mask box, special characters have been inserted. These characters are needed for the
input mask to perform correctly.
The input mask converts the digits to (804) 555-6894 and stores that value in the table.
You can format values so that when a condition is true, the value will be formatted differently than when the
condition is false.
Conditional Formatting evaluates the values in a field and formats that data according to the rules you specify.
The Form Wizard can be used to create forms with fields from more than one table.
When the data in a form has records that are also in a related table, the related data can be displayed in a subform---
a form contained within another form.
A one-to-many form is a main form and a subform that displays the related records for the record displayed in the
main form.
The main form displays the data for one record at a time, and all the related records display in the subform
datasheet.
A form and subform are saved as two separate forms.
In a one-to-many form, you can work with the data from two tables on a single screen.
When you need to edit data for a specific subset of data, you can base the form on a query.
A form based on a query displays only the records retuned by the query's criteria.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Chapter 3- Create Forms  Access has several tools for creating forms.  The Form Wizard is used to select multiple tables and specific field for your form.  The first screen of the Form Wizard is used to select the fields that you want your form to display.  You can use the Form Wizard to pick different layouts for your form.  A layout determines how data and labels are arranged in a form or report.  The Columnar layout places labels in the first column and data in the second column.  The title that you type in the last screen of the Form Wizard becomes the name of the form in the Navigation Pane and the theme last used in the database is applied.  Layout view is used to format a form or report while viewing a sample of the data.  In Layout view, you can select individual labels and text boxes.  A label is an object on a form or report that describes other objects on the report or form.  A text box is an object on a form or report that displays the data from a field in a table or query.  Recall that forms are designed to input data into tables.  You do not need to use the mouse as you key data into forms, and the changes are stored automatically in the underlying table.  Recall that you can move to the next text box in a form by pressing enter or tab.  In this way, you can continue typing values without having to use the mouse.  Keeping your hands over the keyboard speeds data entry and increases accuracy.  As you enter data in a form, it is stored automatically in the table that the form is based on.  The Blank Form tool is used when you want to build a form by adding fields one at a time or arrange them in a different layout.  When you add a field to the form, the other tables move to the lower sections of the Field List pane.  The ScreenTip should display Paper used by Database----the theme applied to the previous form.  Form and report layouts use control grids---cells arranged in rows and colu
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit